Cricut Explore Air

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Walking Foot



I am devoting 2013 to being fearless in sewing and quilting.....crafting.   Here are my goals:

Using my  Accuquilt go die for cutting 95 percent of the time

Making and applying my own quilt binding

Teaching myself  how machine quilt

Teaching myself  paper foundation piecing

Last, but not least ....using my walking foot for more than binding.

Here is a video that really helped me


  • Also,  you can use the walking foot for piecing various fabrics - specifically for added control when working with plaids, slippery fabrics, and sewing on bias grain (such as the edges of diamond rows in Lone Star or other patterns, bias clothing, triangles, bias binding or mitering corners of quilt borders).  Even applying a zipper...who knew!



ELL



No comments:

Post a Comment